What makes something "Chewly Awesome"? Any type of food can achieve this status whether it be something sweet, savory, spicy or succulent. When it comes to amazing food, it's not just truly awesome; it's "Chewly Awesome!" This blog is about a mom who wants to feed her family the best and doesn't want to be a slave in the kitchen in order to make that happen. My promise to you is that you will never find a single recipe for Tuna Casserole on this blog! Now that is "Chewly Awesome!"

If you have a dish that is "Chewly Awesome", and you would like for it to be featured on the blog. Email the recipe to talietiger@gmail.com!

Monday, January 23, 2012

"Everything I Love in a Salad" Salad with Grilled Chicken

In order to keep from having backlash from the meal I post last Saturday night, I am posting a SALAD! There was a time in my life that I lived by this mantra - "Never Trust Someone Who Eats Salad As A Meal"....now I am literally eating my words! This salad is a great meal, and it will fill you up!  I always go healthy after eating heavy rich foods, and this salad is a perfect light meal...plus it is easy after you shell the Pistachios :)

Serves 4


3 cups of prepared Chicken diced (You can grill it, saute it, buy it pre-grilled or de-bone a rotisserie chicken)


1 bag of baby leaf spinach rinsed and drained 

1 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 tomato cut into large dices
2 boiled eggs chopped
1/2 cup pistachios (out of shells) crushed
1 Avocado sliced
Salt

Pepper
Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar Dressing 

I like to add the ingredients in a certain way for this salad purely for aesthetics.
In a large bowl, mix your Spinach, Cheese, and Tomato together.
Sprinkle the chopped boiled egg on top
Sprinkle the Pistachios on top
Lay your Avocado slices on top
Lay your diced chicken on top
Salt and pepper to taste

Serve - allowing each individual to add the desired amount of dressing to their serving.


Fresh fruit goes nicely as a dessert with this meal.  I especially like to have fresh orange slices, blueberries and strawberries after a good salad.

Enjoy!



1 comment: