What makes something "Chewly Awesome"? Any type of food can achieve this status whether it be something sweet, savory, spicy or succulent. When it comes to amazing food, it's not just truly awesome; it's "Chewly Awesome!" This blog is about a mom who wants to feed her family the best and doesn't want to be a slave in the kitchen in order to make that happen. My promise to you is that you will never find a single recipe for Tuna Casserole on this blog! Now that is "Chewly Awesome!"

If you have a dish that is "Chewly Awesome", and you would like for it to be featured on the blog. Email the recipe to talietiger@gmail.com!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

Today was such a busy day for me, and since I had company coming over tonight, I knew I had to cook something quick yet WONDERMOUS!  Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo it is!  This worked out great since I had just made french bread..which is wonderful dipped in the Alfredo sauce.  The first time I made Alfredo sauce, I was amazed at how easy it was to make, and I marveled every time I saw that they still sold it pre-made in a jar at the grocery store.  Seriously...how are people still buy that when it is just as easy to make homemade!
There is something you need to know if you are going to eat Fettuccine Alfredo. Just go ahead to resign yourself to the fact that yes, it is fattening and bad for me, but I can eat salad all day tomorrow; and it will be worth it! Don't try to make this dish "Low Fat" ...it just won't work.  No matter how much you try, skim milk is NOT going to turn into a rich creamy sauce. You must use (all the Paula Deen haters, close your eyes now) heavy cream..!Shhhhh, Listen, you deserve an awesome meal like this at least once or twice a year.  This will be a fattening, CHEWLY AWESOME, only once in a blue moon dish.  :) Hey, at least I did add a spinach salad to make up for it!


Serves 6
Ingredients: 

3 Chicken Breast
1 quart Heavy Cream
1 and 1/2 stick of Butter (3/4 cup)
2 cloves of garlic minced or finely chopped
2 cups finely grated Romano Cheese (This makes the dish so invest in a good Pecorino Romano and, if possible, grate it yourself - Whole Foods has a wonderful Pecorino Romano)
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper (or more if you like)
16 oz  Fettuccine noodles


Bring your water to boil for your Fettuccine noodles - remember they only have to cook in boiling water for 6 - 7 minutes to be al dente. You should start these as the sauce is thickening.
Chicken:
Pound your chicken to even thickness..about 1/2 inch thick.
Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add your chicken
Lightly salt and pepper your chicken
Cook for 7 min. on each side.
Set aside

In a 3 inch deep pan or wide sauce pan, pour in your heavy cream and bring it to a boil
Add your butter and whisk
Allow the cream to reduce and thicken by letting it gently boil for about 5 min
Add garlic
Add your Romano cheese and whisk while adding
Add  Pepper (At this point, you should cook your Fettuccine)
Sauce should be done after another 5 or 10 minutes of gently boiling and reducing

Add your Fettuccine noodles to your Alfredo Sauce

After 1 minute (to allow the noodles to soak up some of the sauce) put the noodles in your serving bowl and pour the rest of the Alfredo Sauce on top.

Add your chicken on top and voila - You have Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo!  Wasn't that easy?

I knew that the Fettuccine Alfredo was going to be the super star of tonight's dinner, and chose to pair it with a simple Tomato and Spinach salad with an Italian Vinaigrette.

Also, since everyone had seconds (Some had thirds), most were too full to even think about dessert until later on in the night.  I just baked a few of the Easy White Chocolate Chip cookies from the dough I had saved in the fridge, and they were a perfect ending to a delectable dinner.


Enjoy!


10 comments:

  1. hmmm sounds yummy and I cant wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Please check out my sidebar ;) until you make one of your own I wanted you well represented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMW! I ♥ it! You are awesome, and you will have t0 show me how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, this was awesome! To date, my favorite dish. The homemade Alfredo sauce was perfect. The noodles were perfect as well. I did not have to mask it with tons of chicken either. What a great dish. Great company too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had this for dinner tonight. It turned out delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :) I am glad you tried it and liked it! I can't wait to see the new baby!!! Lorin has been all kinds of sick. Hopefully, she will be better soon (she started antibiotics today, and we will be able to visit.

      Delete