What makes something "Chewly Awesome"? Any type of food can achieve this status whether it be something sweet, savory, spicy or succulent. When it comes to amazing food, it's not just truly awesome; it's "Chewly Awesome!" This blog is about a mom who wants to feed her family the best and doesn't want to be a slave in the kitchen in order to make that happen. My promise to you is that you will never find a single recipe for Tuna Casserole on this blog! Now that is "Chewly Awesome!"

If you have a dish that is "Chewly Awesome", and you would like for it to be featured on the blog. Email the recipe to talietiger@gmail.com!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

EASY White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Also knows as "Dessert for the rest of the week."   Ok, I really promise..these ARE easy!  You don't even have wait for the butter to get to room temp!  I know!  That always makes me happy - mainly due to the fact that I am a very compulsive baker. If I always had to wait for the butter to get to room temperature before I could bake, I would be out of the baking mood by the time it got there!  These make great ice cream sandwiches, and since you don't have to bake them all in one night, this could be a dessert for another night.  Personally, I just like my cookies with a talk glass of 2% organic milk...yummy!  The dough will keep in the fridge (in an air tight container) for up to 3 days.

White Chocolate Chip Cookies on a
Serving plate my mom made.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Makes about 36 cookies.  
1 1/4 cups butter (2 and 1/2 sticks
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 oz. white milk chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large microwave safe bowl, microwave your butter on high for 45 seconds
 - just enough to get it soft (This will give the cookie a chewier texture w
hich I love).  


Add sugar and mix until  fluffy and most of the gritty texture from the 

sugar is gone.

Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
In separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
Gradually blend into creamed mixture.
Stir in white chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 minutes. DONE!
Seriously, I just made these cookies in 20 minutes...AND THAT INCLUDES COOKING TIME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment